Friday, March 23, 2007

If You Record It, It Will Live Forever

A few months back, a fellow blogger and I did a quick rip on the Scott Glenn voiced Quixtar ad. It got banned very quickly from YouTube for "Copyright Infringement." That's understandable, I guess. If you're Quixtar, you don't want people finding out the hidden truths of your organization. And just as Leonard Nimoy will never escape the Bilbo Baggins video, Quixtar can't get away from this.

Someone grabbed the audio track of that little spoof and re-edited a funnier version that pulls clips from the Dateline NBC exposé on the multi-level pimps. Consider this my revised writing and voiceover demo reel. Sample comment from a YouTuber: "The idiots who made this video are sick. For over 20 years, my family has made a decent, honest living from the Amway opportunity."

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

  • But, sir, if I could show you how you can save hundreds of dollars a year from what you're currently spending on home products, wouldn't that be worth just 10 minutes of your time?

    By Blogger thompanilla, at March 23, 2007 at 3:06 PM  

  • “For over 20 years, my family has made a decent, honest living from the Amway opportunity.”

    And they can still sleep at night after 20, huh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 23, 2007 at 7:54 PM  

  • You sound a lot like Diedrich Bader to me.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0046033/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 23, 2007 at 8:05 PM  

  • Thompanilla:

    No, that is not worth 10 minutes of my time, but thank you. (and you've obviously had experience with these people)

    Cap'n:

    You mean the guy who played Miramax Security Guard Gordon in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? I am honored that you recognize my influences. (never heard of him)

    By Blogger RFB, at March 23, 2007 at 9:30 PM  

  • Let's see, Bader was also -- the ups driver in the Drew Carey show, the redneck neighbor in Office Space and the karate instructor in Napolean Dynamite. Oh, I'm not saying yu're modeling your voice after his. I'm saying its inherently similar to my ear. I think it's marketable. Maybe you and MTLB and me should do a conference call podcast? It think beer should be involved.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 26, 2007 at 9:33 AM  

  • Oh -- and Kymber should be in on any group podcast, too -- if she can keep the loud birds off the phone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 26, 2007 at 10:15 AM  

  • Oh -- and Kymber should be in on any group podcast, too -- if she can keep the loud birds off the phone.

    Awww... I'm getting all verklempt.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at March 26, 2007 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home