Friday, October 26, 2007

Countdown to Overexposure and Backlash

...in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.















Dane Cook is everywhere. And he only tucks in the front of his t-shirt so we can see his bad ass belt-buckle. That style, like Dane, should be on the way out very soon. If he's not in the latest movie being forced down America's collective throat (Oh! Steve Carell playing a bumbling do-gooder having a hard time with the ladies! What a concept!) then he's doing World Series commercials for Fox. His stand-up sucked. (There's even a website called Dane Cook Sucks.) I'll admit, I've laughed once or twice listening to a Dane Cook routine, but watching it takes the funny away.

Dane, please take your strategically messed up hair and your carefully cultivated five o'clock shadow and leave my country alone.

(The Dane Cook fanbase is a crazy bunch of zealots. I'm deleting any comments that show up blindly praising Dane and all he does.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • Watch out for those DC lobbyists.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 27, 2007 at 1:49 AM  

  • Here, here on the post.

    When his first CD came out, I must admit, I laughed my ass off. I even listened to it with my teen kids on a road trip (yes, I'm a bad parent). So his next CD came out and - not funny, at all. But for some reason I can't turn on TV without him being there.

    How bout that for a band name:
    Dane Cook Is No Longer Funny.

    By Blogger Unknown, at October 29, 2007 at 4:25 PM  

  • I've been trying to compose a snarky comment since I saw this about how Dane Cook was a god and post it anonymously.

    Then I remembered his comedy routine I saw a while back and I couldn't get passed how much he annoyed me.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at October 31, 2007 at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home