Saturday, August 14, 2010

Leave A Little Mystery

The summer weather reminded me of this old post from about three years ago. I get this song stuck in my head a little every summer, which is kind of cool since no one knows the tune but me.


Riverbend Dead End - 7/17/07 - 2:15 PM

You Do The Math


From the album Telegraph Canyon

Every afternoon at about this time
for a month
it’s been raining
The afternoon scattered shower
the kind that lasts until the end of rush hour
It’s like something's saying
take it easy
It’s like someone saying
take it slow

The straight and narrow’s got a couple twists
The straight and narrow bends just a little
The cloud ceiling’s pretty high
Is that some water in your eye?
What chance we’re slippin' from the path?
The odds are slim – you do the math


Every evening at about this time
for a month
the sun shines
3-D clouds under a crystal blue dome
No matter where you are you’re home
It’s like something's saying
take it easy
It’s like someone saying
take it slow

The straight and narrow’s got a couple twists
The straight and narrow bends just a little

The cloud ceiling’s pretty high
You got some water in your eye

What chance we’re slippin’ off the path?

The odds are slim – you do the math

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • I just bought a download release from Darrel Scott today called "Crooked Road," Which includes the line "I see the straight and narrow when I walk the crooked road." So glad I found out about this fellow.

    By Anonymous Miniscus Jackson, at August 14, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

  • Fred:

    I am continually amused by the pseudonyms you use when commenting. I often look them up on Google.

    I have been stuck, I will confess, on Aerosmith's first album. I am convinced it was the first punk album. Raw, rough, amateurish and passionate, it is the sound of a hungry band with a new sound. I could write a book about it - a book no one would read, granted, but I encourage anyone to listen to it and find the energy. Shame what happened to them when they got "discovered" and refined by professional producers. They were onto something.

    By Blogger RFB, at August 14, 2010 at 10:57 PM  

  • That is a gap in my musical experience I must now fill. Am currently going insane trying to imagine what music we hear today will stand strong in 30 years. Am concluding the environment it soo appley-orangley.

    By Anonymous Shelly Shelly Yakus, at August 16, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home