Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Advantage: Management

















Ha! Got you now, slimy laborers. See this clipboard and this pen? See this haircut? See this dry-cleaned shirt? See this smile? All made possible by our new Big Brother Time Clock that I was forced to get because all ya’ll been “buddy-punching” and cheating me. Now when you see me in the warehouse or on the factory floor, I hope you realize who you're playin' with. And please, no eye contact.


People aren’t honest. Never have been. The execs are skimming and so are the grunts in their own inventive ways. But the grunts get watched much more closely. In the endless battle of Management vs. Labor, the suits score a big advantage with devices like this hand scanning time clock. Much as I’d like to side with the unions in their support of the practice of buddy punching, I have to agree with Mr. Charles Wasp here: You cheat me and I’m gonna make you pay.

Now, if we only had more effective ways to control the inventive ways that management keeps ripping off the company.

Scanned from today's NYT.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Oh that's ok, some of the fellas been 'buddy-punching' Mrs. Wasp when he's not around.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 8, 2007 at 12:27 PM  

  • It would take thousands of employees buddy punching for decades to reach the sums execs manage with a month of short selling or stock options or reverse splits or Onassis yacht rentals etc. The grunts must redouble their efforts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 8, 2007 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home