Thursday, May 03, 2007

Orphaned Dancer Needs Your Love

Some people have been hating on the Little Lad from Starburst.

I must defend the boy.

  • Starburst got its start in England
  • The character would easily be a hit on Kids in the Hall or Monty Python (It's too good for SNL.)
  • As the new site alerts us, he lost his mother! Have a heart.
  • Comments on YouTube indicate that his dance is a hit on high school campuses nationwide
  • The covering of the face with the accompanying exasperated yelp is comic gold
  • The companion website is well done. (Hit refresh and see the homepage background change.)
Now watch this tribute remix put together by someone with too much time on their hands.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • I have to admit, I saw this over on adfreak, but I just skimmed the post and didn't watch.

    Oh, what I've been missing. When he sings it "up an octave." That's comedy.

    I might just have to go and buy some.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at May 3, 2007 at 2:05 PM  

  • I gave in and finally watched little starburst boy. It definitely would be right at home in the Kids in the Hall stable of fine comedy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 6, 2007 at 12:42 PM  

  • I can't believe that Little Lad has gone THAT viral. As if I needed another reason to doubt the collective brainpower of our nation...

    I will admit, that Little Lad remix is totally absurd and had me laughing through my hangover.

    I still say that my reaction is the same as those kids in the commercial. (That's right, the W.T.F. look...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 6, 2007 at 3:42 PM  

  • I love this.
    Is that the love child of Mr. Bean and Lily Tomlin, or what?

    By Blogger James-H, at May 7, 2007 at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home