Saturday, June 23, 2007

Not Far From Austin...

...is the largest military installation in the free world. We were out in Texas for a change of command ceremony for my brother in law. The military knows how to put on a production, and this one was well done. Inspiring, no matter your political affiliation or stand on Bush and the Iraq war. We all agree on the vague notion of "Support the Troops," but watching one of these things can almost make you shave your head and become one.

(Monster full-sized pictures when you click.)

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • You have so many great posts. While I hate to comment on this one, it's at the top of the blog so I need to drop it in.

    You've been added to the new edition of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere.

    My first thought when I brought up this post was a hope that these would not be faces coming back from war in body bags.

    I'll look forward to hear what you think of The Gonzo Papers. There should, I think, be a few things there that could interest you.

    Cheers!

    By Blogger Kilroy_60, at June 23, 2007 at 12:43 PM  

  • Kilroy:

    It's an honor to be included on your list and I welcome anyone who comes here as a result of your post. I'll add you to to my linkers and lurkers sidebar and start visiting you on my daily rounds.

    By Blogger RFB, at June 23, 2007 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home