Thursday, October 25, 2007

It Was a Day Like Any Other Day

Or so it seemed...

As a former San Diegan, I am not trying to trivialize the wildfires by posting this old PSA from the great Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame. Some of my favorite places, like Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernadino Mountains, Julian and other areas of East San Diego County are now up in smoke. I'm simply responding to the idiots who have already trivialized the fires by blaming them on Global Warming, or are hard at work politicizing them by claiming all the resources to fight the fires are in Iraq.

Regardless of where you stand on the war or what political ideology you subscribe to, Southern California has always had wildfires and always will.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • ...here comes those Santa Ana winds again...

    I saw some elected doof claiming Iraq had depleted the CA National guard, no matter what the actual numbers from the actual California National Guard say. But I also heard a jawdropping gee whiz figure about the amount of pollution the fires put into the atmosphere. I was too shocked to remember it accurately but it was something like -- more than all the cars spew in California in a year -- or maybe 19 times what california drivers spew in a year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 25, 2007 at 6:53 PM  

  • ...for years I've been screaming that the green pundits out there conveniently ignore how much mother nature herself 'pollutes' the planet. In any event, I just remembered that Gore won a nobel prize for this lunacy - I'm gonna go puke now.

    By Blogger thompanilla, at October 26, 2007 at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home