Friday, July 18, 2008

If You Don't Laugh, You're Likely Dead

Or maybe your humor is just not as juvenile as mine and about two million other fans of this stuff. If I'm late to this, I blame a coworker who sent it around the office today.

I love weird ideas. This one had to have been hatched spontaneously when some drunk guy was rambling to his buddies about history.

The concept: get people drunk and have them tell you what they know about history, then have the scenes being told acted out hilariously by the moderately famous and the pretty famous. This is the fourth installment from Drunk History, a YouTube creation of Derek Waters. This one has around 55K views after only a week. The first one (uploaded last Christmas) has been viewed nearly 1.7 million times.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • Now this is history the way I like it -- and I say that as a history minor. I think it's the hiccups that really make it...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 19, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

  • It reminds me of the time Paul Revere rode to Wichita to practice his run only to smoke bad tobacco and get the runs before talking to the 29th state somewhere in North Wyoming where a cockatoo learned how to say cock and two which obviously makes reference to sixpence none the richer without begging to kiss me because that would be sexual assault and though there were no laws against sexual assault Pocahontas said it wasn't cool if she could help him with his wigwam.

    Exactly like that.

    By Blogger Joker, at July 22, 2008 at 4:57 PM  

  • I usually don't like crying at work, but that was awesome. Thank you. My afternoon needed that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 22, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

  • That is funny and a great idea, if it were not for the drunk part, it could make it on regular tv. I think too many people would have a problem with the people being drunk.

    Dr Wright
    The Wright Place TV Show
    www.wrightplacetv.com
    www.twitter.com/drwright1

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 23, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home