Sunday, March 08, 2009

Hippie Bay Area Freaks Making Trippy Spots

A reader writes:

I'm not sure if you have Comcast in Florida, but their latest commercial is stuck in my brain...the tune is catchy and the animation is bizarre. People seem to either love it or hate it...thought you might get a kick out of it if you haven't seen it.


Nope, we have Bright House where I live - and they usually suck madly. I'm posting in the intermittent window of online availability that comes and goes with random predictability. A technician will be here Tuesday, between the hours of 8:00 AM and noon.

From the almost-always-geniuses at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.



Stuck in my head now.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

  • Glad you liked it. Now I just need to figure out how to get Comcast to reward me generously for my contribution to their "viral marketing".

    The advertising is great...wish I could say the same for their customer service.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

  • Thanks for reminding me to call Comacast and tell them to give me the rate new customers get or lower my bill. And to stop jacking my rates, like the 30 percent bump in my DVR rental rate. I think we should relyric this and put it to this animation.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 9, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

  • Am I the only one who thinks this ad rips off music from the Juno soundtrack? The speedy monotone vocals remind me of tracks 8 and 15 here http://tinyurl.com/buj9tg. But maybe that's just me.

    By Blogger P, at March 10, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

  • P, the first thing I thought of when I heard it was that they'd ripped Juno off. We find it highly annoying and change channels every time it comes on.
    -Martha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

  • i knew this was an ad for comcast about 5 seconds into the first glimpse i had of it. i'd laud their cleverness but i can't see past the red sheet of my seething hatred for comcast's service and CSRs.

    By Blogger Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?, at March 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home