Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Signage Seen in the Neighborhood

Or...God, I Need a Pool

A house down the street from mine just recently underwent some additions, including a new roof, a new pool and a screened pool enclosure. Last Sunday, I watched as the man of the house drove stakes into the front lawn, a large piece of plywood at his feet. I assumed it was for a garage sale or something. Then this sign appeared.
















Buyer’s guilt? Not sure, but the Bible verse he cites on the sign reads: And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

A roof is a need, for sure, and it could be argued (somewhat weakly) that one needs a pool here in Florida. But the screened pool enclosure? Seems more like a convenience. I think Paul might’ve meant food, clothing, shelter and the like when he wrote that to the Philippians.

I’m going to have grab the video camera and interview this guy and put it up on YouTube. When you’re putting up an advertising sign like this, I think you expect to be questioned about it.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home