Sunday, April 08, 2007

Errors in Logoing

I'm no graphic designer, and I know just enough Photoshop to communicate my ideas and piss off the real designers, but some things just strike me as odd. Like this logo.

Just as a hospital might not want to use, say, a skull and crossbones for their corporate identity, it's probably not a good idea for a financial institution to adopt circling sharks as their logo.

I'm sure these are meant to be sailboats, symbolizing the "freedom of financial independence" or some such lofty banking notion, but still...

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

  • Or,

    “Seacoast: Your rocks of Gibraltar.”



    Seacoast, OUT!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 8, 2007 at 5:57 PM  

  • I'm going to go out on a limb here, but what I think they were trying to portray was two sails passing each other (going in opposite directions). Now, whether or no they accomplished this...

    By Blogger Maulleigh, at April 9, 2007 at 5:54 AM  

  • I’m guessing:

    1. A dancing penguin (very popular now)
    2. Klan rally hoods
    3. Gospel choir singer
    4. A lobster claw
    5. Dollar bills blowing away
    6. A crumpled loan application
    7. Mating white chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
    8. The designer was the bank director’s wife

    By Blogger HighJive, at April 9, 2007 at 1:54 PM  

  • The designer was the bank director’s wife

    I vote for that one.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at April 9, 2007 at 2:02 PM  

  • A few more guesses:

    1. Buried garden gnomes
    2. A defective ninja star
    3. Designer pope hat
    4. Seagull droppings
    5. A disposable diaper
    6. Aunt Jemima’s original head wrap
    7. Dracula’s dentures
    8. Mating albino manta rays
    9. Communicator badge from Star Trek: The Next Generation (get one FREE when you open a checking account)
    10. New Mozzarella Cheese Doritos®

    By Blogger HighJive, at April 10, 2007 at 12:11 AM  

  • I saw the headline and forced myself not to read the post until I'd tried to identify the logo subject. Yup. Sharks, though highjive's suggestions are much more entertaining.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 10, 2007 at 12:24 PM  

  • Very nice, HighJive.

    By Blogger RFB, at April 10, 2007 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home