Wednesday, July 18, 2007

ISSKT - from Denmark

Hey, Typepad. I have excellent vision, but you're hurting my eyes with your comment verification puzzles. Like the 4th character here. Is it a "g," or a "9?"





I always get them wrong and then they give me an easier one.

Blogger's word verification jumbles are much easier, and sometimes they can even be pronounced, like this one.





Isskt. (Pronounced like "biscuit" without the "b.") Sounds like a new widget for bloggers, or maybe a photo and video sharing site. I just checked at GoDaddy and isskt.com is available. Somebody grab it quick! Do you know how hard it is to find available 5-letter domains with a .com suffix? Why do you think so many of the new media emerging companies have such silly, made-up names? Hell, that image above could even be your logo. Just add the word "beta" to the bottom, throw on some Web 2.0ish shiny sheen and maybe make the second "s" face the other "s" backwards, like two snakes kissing.

Pretend you're from a Scandinavian country when you launch the thing and the bloggerati/technorati will love you and jump on board. You'll be all the rage for a month and then Google will buy you.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

  • You've just published my business plan.

    By Blogger James-H, at July 18, 2007 at 2:24 PM  

  • James: You'll need to get some thick framed black emo glasses if you're to be taken seriously at all.

    By Blogger RFB, at July 18, 2007 at 2:37 PM  

  • Jetpacks: I'm still laughing from this. I thought I was losing my eyesight or something. Particularly frustrating when I'm in a rush and all.

    I've often wondered what would happen if I didn't have the password protect thing on- how much spam I'd get.

    Even with it on, I've gotten a few spam messages. Which is pretty ambitious of them, you know.

    By Blogger Alan Wolk, at July 18, 2007 at 5:54 PM  

  • this is great - really funny. I'd consume Isskt. I guess.


    (for the record, the word verification I'm having to verify to post this comment is "wwhaxy", which makes me kind of happy.)

    By Blogger anna kate, at July 18, 2007 at 11:22 PM  

  • You should right a song about isskt (or ujijfet)

    :p

    And I dislike the comment verification on typepad as well...

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at July 19, 2007 at 9:15 AM  

  • I've been trying to come up with a good post on comment verification forever and you just beat me to the punch (as per usual!)

    I will add that I always get comment verification wrong too, and am incredibly insulted when not only do I have to do it to comment on my own Typepad blog, but when I am then rejected. It burns me every. single. time.

    Mine now is taldm...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 23, 2007 at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home