Sunday, August 24, 2008

Purple Clouds Majesty

In the aftermath of Tropical Storm Fay, we loaded five trash bins and two giant bags with downed limbs and assorted tree castoffs. As the final remnants of the storm are crossing the Panhandle, the southern bands of the system leaving Central Florida are quite pretty. The distant rumblings of thunder this evening called me outdoors to witness the beauty of nature's anger.
If clouds are your thing, you'll enjoy rock photographer Ross Halfin's travel section. He spends a lot of time flying around the world in First Class, shooting out the window. The guy is good.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • That's a gorgeous photo of the scenery. You use a Nikon D50? I'm wondering if I should upgrade... I'm using a Nikon coolpix P80 right now, its pretty good but I'm thinking about going all out... thoughts? I do a lot of portrait and landscape shooting.

    By Blogger Matches Malone, at August 25, 2008 at 1:04 AM  

  • TK:

    I wish I knew half of what the D50 was capable of. It's a perfect camera for my needs. Anything more and I'd be totally lost. I really should buckle down and read the manual or join a forum.

    By Blogger RFB, at August 25, 2008 at 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home