Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Neighbors Didn't Hear About the Recession

Yesterday evening I was stringing lights on the house and my neighbor teases from across the street, "Well, now I guess we're going to have to do ours."

This morning a truck pulling a trailer marked "HANDYMAN" pulls up in front of their home and two guys commence to climbing on the roof and stringing up lights. They were still at it when I got home tonight.

I'm no handyman, but I'll be damned if I'm paying someone to string lights up. I always thought you hire a handyman for stuff you can't do, like building a panic room or installing a fire pole from the master bedroom down to the kitchen. I think my neighbors are both lazy and not hurting for cash. But that's good. They're keeping the economy in motion...and these handymen are milking the hell out of this job.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home