Thursday, March 12, 2009

When I, You and Everyone We Knew

A couple of my friends on Facebook, working out and going to work this morning.


I was friended yesterday by a guy I knew years ago. He's got like 2,000 friends now. I haven't heard from him in nine years, but we're friends again, free to peer into one another's work-out schedules and look at pictures of each other's parties, holidays and vacations.

It's to the point now that everyone you ever came in contact with, from the doctor who presided at your birth to the last business contact you made at a mixer, is now your "friend." I'm predicting massive Facebook bailout pretty soon. We're way past the saturation point.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

  • I bailed a couple of weeks ago post the Facebook TOS meltdown. Honestly, it was the last straw. I'm a photographer and I have a real problem with FB claiming usage rights forever (and ever) like some creepy Child of the Internet Corn.

    While I never revealed much personal information (save the occasional political rant) I had a lot of friends who did. Makes me uncomfortable to give up all that info willingly. You KNOW Big Brother is watching & archiving that.

    And frankly, I got sick of being poked by people I haven't seen in a decade. And reading way too many 25 Things I Never Cared to Know About. One of my mom's friends wanted to friend me. (And my mom isn't even on FB.) Yikes.

    By Blogger Jess, at March 12, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

  • Jess: That's one of the better Facebook bathroom mirror self-portraits. And you didn't even flash a gang sign or twist your lips to the side of your face.

    By Blogger RFB, at March 12, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

  • cathching up with long lost friends is one thing. furthering a political agenda EVERY SINGLE DAY is another.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

  • I completely agree, and I am hating this aspect of Facetown. People I haven't seen since third grade are posting pictures and tagging me - in third grade. The countdown is on.

    By Blogger Unknown, at March 19, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

  • Nice Wang Chung reference, BTW.

    By Blogger Unknown, at March 19, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

  • DingDingDing! We have a winner!


    (Due to cutbacks, no prizes are being awarded at this time.)

    By Blogger RFB, at March 19, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home