Friday, May 29, 2009

Kids! Accept a Ride from a Creepy Old Man in a Van

Have you heard of this weirdness called Omegle?. They have the very catchy slogan, "Talk to Strangers!" According to Wikipedia, "The site was created by 18-year old Leif K-Brooks of Brattleboro, Vermont and was launched on March 25th, 2009.

I expect this young adventurer who calls himself Leif is looking to place banners all over the site and then sell his peculiar invention to Google. He's got the stupid name thing down, all he needs now is some venture capital.

I tried it. Here's what a stranger and I had to chat about:


I think this was known as a CompuServe chat room back in the 90s.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • OK...I tried it. The first thing I got from someone was : Are U Horny Gay? This is all I needed to know. It WAS a creepy old man in a van. What's wrong with people???? Wait-don't answer that! I think I already know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 30, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

  • I tried this... the most pointless thing I've ever done.

    But at least you got a response... I didn't get anything. :p

    Although, my coworker did talk to a self-professed llama queen and that was mildly amusing. But she left when we sent her the llama song.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at June 1, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

  • What's wrong with that Omegle, I thought the Internet was all about pointless conversation??? I must say I enjoyed it.

    By Blogger simoncito, at June 4, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

  • Leif... so it's that druggy child star come back from the dead to haunt our chats? NOOOOOOOOO

    @ adchick: At least you didn't get flashed a cyber cock... or at least here's me hoping you didn't.

    @ TIV: Llama's and chatting don't sound like a good combination... no matter how I organize that thought.

    By Blogger Joker, at June 11, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home