It's Magically Delicious
Here, for the first time ever, I will share a recipe that I'm about to create in my head. It's called Shepherd's Pie, American Style.
2 cans corned beef hash
1 onion chopped
1 can cheap green beans
1 bag frozen hash browned potatoes
16 tablespoons butter (8 sticks)
1/2 cup beef broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 graham cracker crust
1 cup Lucky Charms cereal, crushed
- Dump bag of hash browns into pan, salt them until all you see is salt. Throw some butter in there.
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt 12 Tablespoons butter (1 + 1/2 sticks) in large frying pan.
- Sauté onions in butter until tender over medium heat (10 mins). Dump the can of green beans in this.
- Add two cans of corned beef hash and sauté. Add tons more salt and a shitload of pepper. Add worcesterchire sauce. Add half a cup of beef broth and cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, adding more butter as necessary to keep moist.
- Dump hash browns in bowl with remainder of butter, season to taste.
- Place corned beef hash and onions in graham cracker crust. Distribute hash browns on top.
- Cook in 400 degree oven until bubbling and brown (about 30 minutes). Broil for last few minutes if necessary to brown.
Sprinkle with crushed Lucky Charms cereal and serve with side of strawberry jam.