Thursday, July 28, 2011

Silly Mexican Drug Dealers Chopping off Heads and Ruining it For Everyone

Since I won't be in this company's service much longer, let me share with you some "feedback" from one of the "stakeholders" on a current job.

We are really trying to push the family aspect of Cancun. We have been told that many people are fearing Mexico at this point and the more family imagery we can push the better.  

You have been told? Someone had to TELL you this? You're never going to lose the "Assistant" prefix to your title of Marketing Manager if you don't start figuring this stuff out. Now I'm sure Mexico is fine, by and large, but it's hard to avoid the stories coming out of that country. When someone is considering a vacation these days, "possibility of beheading" is not what they're looking for in a destination. But I like how you solved this problem of "people fearing Mexico", Assistant Marketing Manager. Let's "push family imagery" to allay those silly fears.

Yes, the poor anonymous person working for the anonymous company quoted above is just trying to sell what he/she's been told to sell, so please don't jump to his/her defense or to the defense of marketing in general. The point I am making is that there is, or CAN BE, I should say, a very sleazy side to this business.

The image below is called "Pinche Gringos - Cozumel, Mexico" and is the latest from my Saturated Street Scenes gallery.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • Before you leave the place, try sneaking through a headline that reads: Your whole family should be heading to Mexico.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 29, 2011 at 1:39 AM  

  • Nice, anon!

    By Blogger RFB, at July 29, 2011 at 6:24 AM  

  • I mean dont you see that this guys are looking for the volley ball game?
    How can you say that every mexican is thinking, choping the had of Americans. I think this a bit superficial and very cheap journalism, the only reason why you do this is to get a good ranking for your own blog.
    I hope you will open your eyes in your own country to see whats wrong there. Go and write things to help people in the USA instead of writing bad things about other countrys.

    By Blogger cozumel restaurant guide stuff, at July 29, 2011 at 1:56 PM  

  • Nobody said every Mexican is thinking of chopping off the heads of Americans, Mr. Cozumel Restaurant Guide Stuff.

    And this is not journalism, it is a blog post.

    As for opening my eyes to what's wrong here in the USA, trust me, I have a whole blog and site devoted to that. As for the drug dealers, I know they're in business because the need for drugs is so great in my own country.

    The point of the post, Mr. Cozumel Restaurant Guide Stuff, is that the company I work for is having a hard time selling rooms in Cancun and getting people to visit Mexico lately. There is a reason for that.

    I hope things are better in Cozumel.

    By Blogger RFB, at July 29, 2011 at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home