Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tell Her You Love Her With a Plea for Sex

It's that time of year again, when date-rapists everywhere are expecting a little "thanks" for their "thoughtfulness." Nothing says, "I bought this for me," like lingerie. Forget the endless parade of jewelry store ads, you don't need to spend that much money for what you're after. Guys, if you want some hot action, listen to the lusty lady voiceover here, (with the campy stripper music as background bed) and order your girl some undergarments. She will reward you with her affections and your "I love you" won't have been wasted.

This advertiser knows its target well. The production and copy are so bad only a guy with a beer buzz could appreciate it. Aired during the Colbert Report last night.



And if you read the comments to this video on YouTube, it's terribly transparent the way the company is trying to do the "viral thing" with fake commenting from inside shills. If you're going to do "social media optimization," at least try to sound authentic. Something beyond "Wow! This is the best idea for a Valentine's Day gift EVER! I bought one for my girlfriend and it really worked, if you know what I mean! Great product! Fast shipping! Action not guaranteed, but pretty much a sure thing! Do it, guys!"

Why bother? A bottle of Old Spice is so much more affordable, and it does the same thing, from what I hear.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • those are the stupidest pj's ever. If I wanted sexy, I'd wear something made of silk, not a cotton/poly blend of daisies that my little nieces would wear

    By Blogger greencan, at February 13, 2007 at 2:59 PM  

  • Cheeerist. It's just so amazingly patronizing to both genders on all counts. I noticed Vermont Teddy Bears is trying a similar approach. You buy her a bear, and her first thought is sex. AAAACK!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 13, 2007 at 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home