Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Get Real, CBS

I was hoping to catch Obama’s appearance on Letterman on YouTube or Google Video, whoever they are now, but was met with “This video has been removed by the user.”

So I figured, “That’s understandable. CBS would rather their site be your destination for all your Letterman video needs,” and headed over to cbs.com to see if they had it.

They had what appears to be small clip from the interview (which can also still be seen on YouTube/GooVid) but it requires the Real Player plug-in. I don’t allow Real Player on my system. It is a space hogging tyrant with a desire to open everything for me. I hate Real Player.

Sorry, CBS, that’s how NOT to be a video destination for me. Another argument for the DVR, I suppose.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • It's amazing that to this day, there are so many sites that choose only one specific type of player to show clips. Some use QuickTime, some Windows media, or those STUPID asp files.

    Get some fucking standards people.

    Long time ago the printing industry agreed that CMYK would a pretty nice thing for everyone to adhere to. Four colors. No waiting. Life's a party.

    How hard is it to pick one standard or at least require sites to serve clips in muliple formats?

    Don't even get me started on browsers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 10, 2007 at 3:20 PM  

  • Agreed on the lack of standards..

    Google video, youtube, myspace, revver among many others are solely using flv... good quick compression - and most people have the flash plugin.

    but I saw the Letterman interview and Obama comes across very well...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 10, 2007 at 9:31 PM  

  • I'm with ya'll: FUCK REALPLAYER.
    Oh, and FUCK MICROSOFT ANYTHING.
    And of course FUCK THE NEWS.

    I'm thirsty.

    By Blogger James-H, at April 11, 2007 at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home