Monday, April 02, 2007

Life Without a DVR

I was one of the last people in North America to agree to be chained to work via cell phone (about 2002) and I still have yet to get on the DVR bandwagon. To me, it seems that a DVR would just make you watch too much TV. I figure if you miss a show, you missed it. Too bad. Besides, there are only about 3 things I even want to watch in a week. Tonight presents a problem.

24 is on opposite the Gators-Buckeyes NCAA National Basketball Championship. A cross promotional network revenue sharing plan should've been put into action months ago. All the employees of CTU could watch the game on their monitors. Jack could've watched it in the field on his PDA. The President could watch it in the Oval Office as he prepares to bomb three Middle Eastern countries.

Looks like I'll be hitting the "last channel" button tonight, switching back and forth between the game and the hunt for crazy terrorists trying to destroy my way of life. None of the commercials on either Fox or CBS will ever be seen by me.

Then again, if I had a DVR, I'd never see any commercials at all. Hmmm.

(Sympathies are due Emma Brownell of iMediaConnection, who was sure her local UCLA Bruins would maul the Gators. Chomp!)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • Forget that for a sec, how'd you find a pic of her not frowning?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 2, 2007 at 1:15 PM  

  • Make friends with the DVR. It actually gives you some control over what is beamed from the tube to your brain, frees up your schedule, encourages you to record things you might have neglected. I can't think of any downside to a DVR except the small rental fee and the possibility that you'll fast-forward through a swiffer-picker-upper commercial. Besides, your intruction to the magical world of the DVR is sure to make for fine jetpack blogging.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 2, 2007 at 11:05 PM  

  • I'm also DVR-less. I only miss one or two eps a season, between the EXTENSIVE recaps before each show (that actually bore me when I've seen the show), and Television Without Pity I stay on top of it. HEre is there recaplet of last nights show:
    http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/articles/content/a12952/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 3, 2007 at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home