Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Meaningless PR Move

Romney says he'd donate his presidential salary to charity. What a guy. I guess this will make him a "man of the people."

But when you've got $250 million sitting in the bank, what's the big deal about donating $400 K a year?

Hi, there. Can I sell you a car? No? Well then, can I come in and tell you about God's good news? Are you sure? Well, Fudge! If I become President, I will be the first President to donate his salary and the first President to wear something very special every day.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • I wasn't on the Mitt wagon, still not, but his backstory has traction. Wife with MS while questions surround the the other candidates and their personal lives. He's got that Reaganesque thing going on. He's got the cash to stay in the media race.

    Thompson/Lieberman though, still my dark horse team.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 30, 2007 at 2:49 PM  

  • Reminds me of Carter's gimmicks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 30, 2007 at 3:07 PM  

  • Right, like the "let me carry my own bags onto Air Force One," stunt, not revealing that the bags were empty props.

    By Blogger RFB, at May 30, 2007 at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home