Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What About Bob?

This is Bob. He's running for President. I don't know why these guys crop up every four years, but they always do. Is it guys in their retirement years who've just had enough? Is it senility? Dementia? Just plain pissed off?

Bob sure looks pissed off. He reminds me of one of those guys who's so mad at the direction the country has taken that he'll fly an upside down flag on his garage door and then confront the police when they show up to see why he's on the roof wearing a gas mask.

I'm sure Bob's a nice guy. I like his simple "Bob for President" approach. He took out a half-page ad in my local paper today.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • I dunno... I kind of like Bob. :)

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at August 14, 2007 at 4:01 PM  

  • Was thinking that his sleeves needed to be rolled up in the photo, but even better- if you visit the photo gallery, Bob removes his shirt! Very powerful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 14, 2007 at 9:14 PM  

  • Do you think this was intentional under "Bob's Way?" "Years from now, America will stand out in the annuls of time as a beacon of freedom"

    I like the idea of heading for the roof in a gas mask, but I might wait for fall.

    The shirt removal is certainly powerful, but I'm not convinced it's a net positive. I think we need to see him wind surfing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 15, 2007 at 1:01 PM  

  • I have to confess, the last several presidential elections, I've cast write-in votes for my dad, a "regular guy" retired sheet metal worker.

    And he wasn't even interested in politics.

    By Blogger katfrench, at August 16, 2007 at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home