Sunday, April 20, 2008

Drama-rama

I did some time in theatre when I was younger. (Enough time that I adopted the English spelling of the word "theatre," which my American spell-checker underlines in red as misspelled.) I even got to do some Shakespeare in San Diego's Junior Theatre in Balboa Park. Shakespeare was cool, if a little overrated. (I'm kidding! He's not THAT overrated.) I like to think that I was pretty good at the acting game, which helped when I went into radio and TV voiceover. I eventually decided theatre was not for me, as it was so filled with...a bunch of self-absorbed dramatic idiots who were so full of...DRAMA!

Prediction: this forthcoming film, Hamlet 2, will be a huge hit, coming from (one of) the writer(s) who brought us one of the funniest movies ever made, Team America: World Police. If not a huge hit, at least a cult hit. If not a cult hit, at least a flash in the pan. If not a flash in the pan, at least something teenagers rent when they're stoned.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Let's just pray to the great spagetti monster that it's funny like South Park and doesn't suck like BASEketball.

    By Blogger Unknown, at April 21, 2008 at 1:41 AM  

  • I did strip mall commercials for local TV. My desire to get into voice over never got off the ground after I was caught with the AE's daughter (she was my age mind - gutter seperate!)
    TA:WP was the best and not just for puppets pooping on each other. Because I have juvenile humor like that and will be drooling laugh again and again over puppet sex.
    I look forward to the new movie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 21, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home