Monday, July 07, 2008

As Nourishing as it is Tasty!

I can taste it
Yes, it's a meat-salad-vegetable combination! It's a well-balanced meal!

Lengthy copy and giant picture in this 1966 ad for the then-still-fledgling Burger King. Click image for bigger version and see if your locale even had a Burger King in 1966. Mine didn't, as it was pre-Disney days here and who wanted to risk a franchise in Orlando? I'm loving the Raygun Gothic architecture of the restaurant at the bottom of the ad.

And I'll be damned if this ad doesn't still work, 42 years after its creation. That giant burger looks really good to me right now. Only problem is that since 1966, we've learned that there is no such thing as a nourishing meal from Burger King.

Via.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Whatever happened to 60 second service? Shit if I saw an ad with THAT promise I might actually give it a try. Oh and the fact that the Burger King looks like Raggedy Anne fucked a Popple is slightly disturbing.

    Links to Popples:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popples
    http://www.popplespopp.com/

    By Blogger Joker, at July 17, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home