Thursday, September 18, 2008

Notes on a Meeting

You know those people who take fervent notes throughout a meeting? They're the same people who highlight passages in books to the point that most of the book is highlighted. You want to tell them, "Hey, why not just get a bucket of liquid highlighter and dip the whole book in it?"

If I do take notes in a meeting, it's rare that I will ever go back to them. And when I take notes, I invariably create some random one-time character who stares back at me from the notebook, usually mocking my career choice or someone in the meeting who has gone on for far too long. Today, the character is SUMBITCHTM, some sort of cowboy, who can't fathom what I do or why I do it.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • Holy crap! You're phasing out D program!?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 18, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

  • I know, I know. But E will be so much better!

    By Blogger RFB, at September 18, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

  • I also make notes purely for the sake of appearances.

    Sumbitch reminds me of the Jack Palance character in City Slickers as reimagined by Robert Crumb.

    Instead of a feel-good comedy where everything works out for the best, Billy Crystal and that other dude are captured by Sumbitch within minutes of the opening credits and then forced to listen to his mournful life story for the next hour and a half. Guaranteed box office smash.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 19, 2008 at 5:10 AM  

  • Sorry bro, you CLEARLY missed your calling to a be sidewalk portrait artist. My likes are baseball, cocaine, and my best feature is my eyes.

    GO!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 22, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home