Thursday, August 11, 2011

There's a Sucker Clicking a Link Every Minute

Got a DM on Twitter last night from someone I follow (and fairly trust) that said, "Hey! Did you really say this?" followed by a link. Now, since I say a lot of things out here, I thought, "Hmmmm, wonder what I said?" And then guess what I did? Yes, I clicked that link and I found myself at an odd and suspect site and quickly backed out. Too late. Awoke this morning to the shame of a bunch of DMs and @s informing me of my idiocy.

So, rest assured my password has been changed, (which sucks - I liked that password) and hopefully I am not on too many lists marked "dimwitted assholes never to be trusted again."

And just yesterday I was snarkily and smugly mocking spammers and the like, never having been the dumb one to fall for there stupidly transparent schemes. I thought I was better than that. Well, I have been duped, (and don't say "karma" - karma doesn't work for spammers and hackers) but rather than blame a bottle of Clos Du Bois 2006 Cabernet for my error, I will blame my own vain curiosity for wanting to know what I had said somewhere that seemingly offended someone out there on this great big stupid Internet.

Lessons:
Never click a link in a DM
Don't care what people think.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Funny thing, when I received your in-cascade DM I blamed my own Pinot Noir William Cole don't know what year.

    Third lesson, these guys are not that stupid and, as Joseph Brodsy said onxe, "Evil is a sucker for solidity".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 11, 2011 at 7:50 AM  

  • Please read "kolyiken" as for "Anonymous" / Blogspot is doomed by this horrible users verification system.

    By Blogger Daniel, at August 11, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home