Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Lo Siento Mucho, Señor Chayanne®

Color me ignorant to the Latin music scene, but I had no idea who Chayanne® was when I saw this banner at the Miami Herald (while reading Dave Barry's always funny 24 blog.) According to Wikipedia, Chayanne® was born Elmer Figueroa-Arce, so yeah, maybe a name change was in order if he wanted to go into the idol business. Here's Mr Figuero-Arce doing the always convincing "I got caught acting natural and laughing during the photo shoot" pose.

I'm sure he's really awesome and sells millions of CDs, I'm just wondering why he needs a registered trademark next to his name.

Diss Disclaimer: At no point in the above blog post did I in any way slander, besmirch or otherwise disparage the good name of Chayanne®. Any hate mail or comments defending Chayanne® against imagined slights or perceived insults will be ignored and/or deleted.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • I think that name is dangerously close to a car name -- Cayenne, Canyonero -- maybe that's why the tm...yeah, we're all getting tired of the "I just farted" pose. I want more of the "I just farted, so what?" pose that Fred Thompson has mastered.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 4, 2007 at 7:46 AM  

  • “Fred Thompson don’t fart without a plan son. What’s his plan?“

    Chayanne–Head tilted, arms slick, but not too gym slick, showing us his ‘accessible’ side.

    But never call him Chavy. No, never.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 6, 2007 at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home