Monday, July 16, 2007

Overcompensating Much?

If your email signature contains a strange title, numerous phone and fax numbers and about a half dozen different social media links just in case I want to Skype, Twitter or IM you, followed by that insipid "the information contained in this electronic transmision is confidential," why don't you do your colleagues and clients a favor and trim it down some? Do I really need your email address at the bottom of an email from you? Think about it.

Oh, and you aren't from the UK, so please stop signing your emails with "Cheers!"

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • Haha, it's funny because it's true! I mean, who honestly reads the fine print...on anything. I've gotten a rotten email from one of my friends and of course, he had that mess of a signature at the bottom with disclaimer and all. Yeah, because Pamela Anderson's tits are proprietary information...

    By Blogger Josh S, at July 16, 2007 at 7:39 PM  

  • You forgot the big-ass logo. :)

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at July 17, 2007 at 8:50 AM  

  • Damn - right, Kym - big ass logo needed here.

    By Blogger RFB, at July 17, 2007 at 9:59 AM  

  • :p

    I'd just had a client send me an email and though it was missing the numerous social media links it had a big ass logo plus all the other stuff...

    What's worse? Now I'm being asked to design a "new" email signature for said client.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at July 17, 2007 at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home