Monday, July 16, 2007

Cross Country Barnstorm Begins

The Plaid Van has hit the road, and it looks like it'll be an interesting ride. Part new business development journey, part client service outing, part transparent opening-up to the advertising community, the notion of a 21-day half-country trek in a strange looking vehicle reminds me of the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile. They're having some technical difficulties, but all in all, it seems to be moving along fairly successfully. The ride looks a little bouncy, but that van is huge, with plenty of room to stretch out and blog the journey.

And if I've done my research correctly, I might have an image here of Bill Green of Make the Logo Bigger. Can't be sure until he shows up here to comment. In fact, he might be commenting right here in this picture, as Bill is the holder of the Most Prolific Poster and Commenter Cup two years running. He's not exactly a Weinermobile babe, but he sports a well groomed dome. (It's always interesting the first time you see a radio host you've listened to for a while. Same applies to bloggers who've remained visually anonymous for a while.)

I will be curious to find out what sort of new biz was hatched from this trip and how the expense vs. results of the trip might compare to the ROI of say, a brand summit, a webinar or a speaking engagement. (Did I just say, "ROI?" I'm sorry for that. Really.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Ha. Yeah, no babe here for sure. Guilty as charged. I didn't think anything could make me look worse than my driver's license pic, but after today, I was wrong. I'll give you the ROI lowdown off the air, but let's say it's already paid off day one.

    That shot was taken while we were driving down Broadway, bouncing the fuck all over the road. Wireless held up though. You can catch more of the gory details on the blogs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 16, 2007 at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home