Thursday, February 21, 2008

Peace Between Enemies

No, not Hillary and Obama. Fans of Ohio State and Michigan, or USC and UCLA find reasons not to hate each other in this spot for Sheraton Hotels and Resorts (in a tie-in to the upcoming NCAA Basketball Finals). It's nice to see a hotel ad that isn't catering to the clichéd lonely business traveler in need of wireless Internet or the happy vacationing family frolicking in the pool.



The final scene is a little much, as I'm sure the Syracuse fan wiping ranch dressing from the Georgetown fan's mouth would result in a beat down even if they were rooting for the same team. Maybe that slightly gay moment was left in to compensate for the homophobic umbrella scene between the UNC guy and the Duke fan.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • woo, s'funny alright. i'm from mich and it got my attention right at the top of the spot.

    btw, i'm leaving new york soon and will sadly be staying in orlando for a while. hit me back if you're not above having a cold one with someone else in the biz.

    By Blogger jos, at February 22, 2008 at 12:16 AM  

  • I grew up in a house in Ann Arbor with dogs named Bo and Woody - and love sports rivalries, but I fuckin hate OSU. Honestly, if a brazen OSU fan dropped their bag I'd probably walk round it and clip their shoulder on the way by.

    I'm a bitch, what can I say???!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 22, 2008 at 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home