Friday, June 27, 2008

Once a Year, Whether I Need it or Not

I am in the habit of getting a haircut once every year, sometimes I'll wait two. So recently I have been, shall we say, a bit shaggy. On a whim (as it always happens) I took off at lunch not long ago and did the deed. Minus sideburns, I’d pass in most military outfits now. (OK, maybe only the European ones.) But I’m beginning to rethink my once-a-year haircut policy, as it always sends people into “don’t know what to say” mode. The following are actual workplace comments from people amused and/or confused by encountering the clean-cut version of me.

  • Oh, no! What have you done?
  • Who the hell are you?
  • Whoa!
  • You cut your hair.
  • That’s different. Very aerodynamic.
  • Did you get a haircut?
  • You like your hair like that?
  • Summer haircut! Summer haircut!
And it's comments like those that convince me to grow it out for another year.You dirty dog, bringin' in fleas. And ticks.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home