Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No One Would Do This For a Cat

In the whole dog people vs. cat people debate, I come down on the side of dog people. I've owned a cat (or more accurately, the cat owned me) and I'm pretty sure if I saw it in the mouth of a shark, I would wish the shark happy eating and thank him for taking the evil cat off my hands. This story from the Keys today is pretty funny. This dude loves his dog.

ISLAMORADA, Fla. -- A dog is recovering after a Florida Keys carpenter dove in to save his pet from a shark.

Greg LeNoir said he took his 14-pound rat terrier Jake for a daily swim at a marina Friday.

The five-foot shark suddenly surfaced and grabbed nearly the entire dog in its mouth.

LeNoir said he yelled, then balled up his fists and dove headfirst into the water. He hit the shark in the back and the creature finally let go of the dog.

Man and dog made it safely back to shore. The dog suffered bite wounds but was not critically injured.

Via

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home