Monday, July 20, 2009

Swiss Army Airstream

They collaborated with Design Within Reach to build a very cool, limited edition trailer, now the streamlined futurists of Airstream have teamed up with Victorinox, the Swiss company best known for the Swiss Army Knife. In honor of Victorinox's 125th anniversary, Airstream built a trailer that is very likely hands down their coolest ever.

The unfortunate part of this promotion is that they only built 125 of them. Here's a dealer in Jersey offering one. MSRP is 60K, so that might explain why they only built 125.

From what I can tell, the Airstream devotee is not unlike a Mac cultist. Once you go Mac, you never go back. And once you go Airstream, you'll feel like a gypsy derelict in anything but. I took the Mac plunge and I am considering getting a voodoo doll of Bill Gates for my desk. I am willing to sell my creativity (for a while anyway) to Airstream.

I would like to take this opportunity to offer Airstream a great deal: in exchange for this trailer, I will create a blog devoted to how awesome you are, with pictures and everything. I will also tweet about your greatness incessantly, or until such time as I feel I have paid off the 60K. I have plans to make my new Airstream blog really fun, so if you could also give me a couple extra hundred thousand in cash so I can quit my job and travel the country, the blog will be much cooler. Who wants to read about how the trailer sits in my driveway? When you deliver my new Airstream Swiss Army Limited Edition Caravan of Badness, please include a 17" Macbook Pro. Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.

And like every good business worth their shiny stainless steel skin, Airstream is on Twitter. Three. Times.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home