Friday, January 07, 2011

Google Street Scenes: Hittin' the Bricks

I've taken a new tack in letting agencies know I wouldn't mind talking to them about any opportunities they might have open for a guy like me. (Lord knows the traditional methods aren't working.)

I find their buildings on Google Street Views and post my mascot, Major Mike Adams, outside their places of business. Then I send them a note, usually though Twitter, letting them know I am stalking them virtually. I'm sure it creeps them out at first, but then hopefully they see the picture and say to themselves, "Well, never seen that before. This guy is thinking outside the box. I'll bet he'd fit quite well into our unique culture. He seems to be a platform agnostic thinker with an eye for strategy and creativity. And he's also kind of a dick for blogging about us this way."

Below are two "leading" Orlando agencies, or so their sites would have you believe - though I have my doubts about one of them, whose Twitter account hasn't been updated since October. You can't really talk about how adept you are in the "social media space" when you don't use it yourselves.



In the second photo, we seem to have caught a local resident on the way home from a sleepover at a friend's house, pillow under his arm. I also wonder how old that "For Lease" sign is and whether or not the agency still occupies this building. Might explain the dormant Twitter account.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • Are you going to take this from virtual to physical? That would be kind of outstanding, so to speak.

    By Anonymous fred, at January 7, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

  • I'll need a silver space suit. But that might be a good attention getter.

    Trouble is, from what I can tell anyway, most agencies around here have a few principals, and the rest is farmed out to interns. Many of them play a big game online, but a little investigation reveals a whole lot of smoke and mirrors.

    By Blogger RFB, at January 7, 2011 at 2:08 PM  

  • quick advice: you will not impress hiring decision makers with images of astronauts outside their offices. photoshop hookers instead. i’m not kidding.

    By Blogger HighJive, at January 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home