Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Still Selling Romance - Only Weirder

If you could only speak my language, I would tell ou what this green drink is.
Rosetta Stone, the "learn a new language really fast" software, has long relied on the stock image of a Swedish/French/German/Something woman who gazes into the camera, enticing world travelers to get to know her better by mangling her native language, whatever that might be. (She's still the homepage image on their site.)

Oh, man. I can't believe I'm going to meet an Italian supermodel out here in Boonville. I hope she likes sheep.
In today's NYT was this new angle, featuring a homely farmboy getting ready to meet an Italian supermodel. Implausible? Yes. Funny? Yes. Effective? We'll see.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home