Sunday, November 18, 2007

Threat Level: Red

If I were a terrorist, (AND I'M NOT, Department of Homeland Security) I wouldn't go for water reservoirs, shopping malls or downtown skyscrapers. The way to cripple America is to unplug our cable. It's quite unsettling to lose contact with the outside world. No TV or Internet.

Tonight, no less than 8 trucks worked on a cable outage in my neighborhood. The three guys at lower right (who aren't doing anything) were slightly unnerved at my picture taking. One of them pulled out a camera phone and began shooting pictures of me, surely worried I was from the QC department.

I know - this is a great argument for the Dish Network and Verizon Wireless Internet.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • It's amazing how many people get nervous when you whip out a camera. At least, by the sound of it, you don't have your phone on cable. I got the cell phone for the net in an emergency...all the speed of dialup on a really small screen..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 19, 2007 at 7:42 AM  

  • The only threat to Cable are the cable companies themselves. 8 trucks? I'm lucky to get Comcast to send one guy to fix our cable the month after I filed a complaint, after I spending a good 6 hours on the phone. But, they do allow me to get my online Call of Duty 4 fix for the night.

    By Blogger Josh S, at November 19, 2007 at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home