Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Jag by Any Other Name Would be a Ford

I've said it before, Jaguars look like Hyundais these days and Hyundais look like Jaguars. Now Jaguar has a new seizure inducing website to introduce the new XF. The Flash overkill on this site is like those rock guitarists who make all kinds of noise by turning up the gain and distortion and then running a pick all up and down the strings. It's not friendly to the eyes at all. What I noted most about the new XF is that they've removed the iconic Jaguar hood ornament from the vehicle. Shame.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • back in the 80s, I had a part time job at nite helping a painter tape up cars in a body shop. We did all kinds like Benz, Jag, Beemer, Olds, Ford, Porsche, Ferrari, Saab, Volvo, Alfa, Maserati. The jags were their own breed, and I loved them. Never really wanted one, but appreciated them just the same. I can't cound the number of times I've seen a Jagdai at a stoplight and been confused by the obvious imitation. Well said.

    We dodged a snow storm up here last night, I got out my Fordvo pickup and had no snow to play in

    Jimbo

    By Blogger warbird2010, at December 15, 2007 at 2:35 PM  

  • That hood ornament you speak of has been gone for some time. I think only the S-Type and the Taurus, er...X-type have it now. I agree, what a shame.

    By Blogger Josh S, at December 15, 2007 at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home