Friday, January 11, 2008

Go Climb a Tree

This was the beginning of bringing kids indoors to simulate playing games they should've been playing outside. The spot opens with OJ. And thankfully, no one names their kid "Harvey" anymore. While the spot ends with the claim "Endorsed by your favorite pro stars and teams," they weren't allowed to include team insignias on the helmets in the opening.



I know most of the country will be rooting for the Indianapolis Mannings this weekend, but I've got my money here. (Love this old school crest with the cartoon crazy horse drawn in art therapy by a demon-possessed child suffering from a high fever.)

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • Ha!

    I had Coleco electric football when I was a kid.

    My friends and I would spend hours playing it- we had leagues and everything.

    Of course it never really worked all that well - the defensemen usually just spun around in circles, the felt footballs fell apart and the loud buzzing noise it made drove the dog crazy.

    But it was a good escape from cold NYC winters.

    By Blogger Alan Wolk, at January 11, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

  • I'm 48 and electric football was one of our main indoor toy staples.

    (G.I. Joes, Plastic Army Men (and firecrackers), and Hot Wheels were also essentials)

    But when the motor broke in the vibrating field, we took to tapping it to get the men to move. It was actually better as it gave the offensive player more control.

    Pretty smart for a bunch of stupid 10 year olds.

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 11, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

  • Next to the original Pong, this was the greatest game I ever owned. Let’s take a vibrator with an 'iffy' electrical connection and make plastic stuff dance around.

    Pure genius.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 11, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home