Sunday, June 15, 2008

Giant Man Plays God in Photoshop Nightmare

You little people worry me
Northwestern Mutual, what are you doing here? The man's worries are golfing, fishing, photography and relaxing in an innertube on a lake?

OK, so weird and incomprehensible is your ad that I will actually read the copy in an attempt to understand it. Nope. That didn't work. Guess I will have to go to your website, letyourworriesgo.com and figure this out.

Oh, now I get it.

No, I don't.

I'm in a beautiful landscape where I can choose a rocket, a balloon or a submarine to launch my worries away. (I cannot, however, choose to turn off the incessant and annoying birdsong loop.) My "worries" are again represented by people whom I drag into my vehicle of choice. (Fun: drag them high in the sky and let them go and watch as they fall to earth.) OK, vehicle finally loaded (damn, that was tedious) and off they go! All those people jettisoned into space, never to be heard from again!

Finally, the "explanation" for all this silliness. Northwestern Mutual is interested in eliminating "societal worries" like hunger, natural disasters, financial security and retirement planning. They have $1 million to give away.WTF?
Wow. That was such a long and disjointed journey. But now you know that Northwestern Mutual cares about you and wants to alleviate your worries. Seriously, that's why they are in the business of wealth management. Because they care.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • The visual almost seems as if the guy had kept small humans in captivity and is now letting them go and urging them back to their natural habitat.

    BTW: word verification pigmquig....

    Pig Mc Wig? Hmmmmm.... there's knowledge here, I can sense it.

    By Blogger Joker, at June 16, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

  • It's also fun to grab them, thrash them around, and throw them sideways.

    Worries? Me? No, why do you ask?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 21, 2008 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home