Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just Say No to Texting at Lunch

Your lack of social graces is embarrassing.
Put it in your pocket or purse, please.

Handstands in Germany. Dave and KatieEveryone I know has some form of smart phone. I'm still stuck in 2005 with my little Motorola phone that...wait for it...makes and receives phone calls. (And also takes pictures and sends and receives texts. I can even update to Twitter and Facebook on it, but that's not good enough!)

Verizon and AT&T and Sprint and who knows who else are all bent on convincing me that I need their EXCLUSIVE Blackberry. (They all have an EXCLUSIVE Blackberry.) Forget about the iPhone. Apple is bent on convincing me that the future has come and gone and I've been left on the communications tarmac, like the last man on earth who missed the last flight to the moon as the coming apocalypse is about to blow my technologically-retarded ass away. But I'm not sure I want to go the smart phone route. Most people I know who own these things can't stop sending emails at meetings and meals or holding the device while they're driving, going, "Look, that little circle on the map is us! And it shows where we are! Is that cool, or what?" They didn't nickname it Crackberry for nothing.

OK, truth is I'm jealous. I could probably get a lot more done with a cool phone. And when I get one, I'm almost convinced that it will be an EXCLUSIVE Blackberry deal from AT&T.

All that to introduce this: a pretty funny commercial, well-written, well-produced from some carrier offering an EXCLUSIVE Blackberry deal.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • I'm jealous too. My phone just died (it rebelled after I dropped it one too many times) and I wasn't eligible for an upgrade and I'm now stuck with a phone that doesn't even make sense.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at January 14, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

  • I don’t have an iPhone, but that damn GPS locator thing is cool. Just sayin.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 14, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

  • Just today I was *this* close to getting an iphone -- because I just had to see how someone could make $20,000 with with a fart app. But then I learned I'd have to sign a two-year contract, or pay $400 for the phone to get it on my existing contract. Not really the sweet call in my case. But when you succumb to your smart phone, Jetpacks, tell us all about it. We'll want pix from the water cooler.

    By Blogger chuck rampart, at January 14, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home