Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Meet Your New King

This is Mark Zuckerberg, boy genius and Emperor of Facebookistan. Recently he decreed that henceforth throughout his realm, everything you had was to be brought to his throne. There was much outcry throughout the land upon the Emperor's announcement, and so the Emperor, in his benevolence and wisdom, has sought to explain to the peasants just what exactly he meant by, "You own nothing and everything is mine!"

From the pen of one of the court scribes of His Excellence, Zuckerberg:

More than 175 million people use Facebook. If it were a country, it would be the sixth most populated country in the world. Our terms aren't just a document that protect our rights; it's the governing document for how the service is used by everyone across the world. Given its importance, we need to make sure the terms reflect the principles and values of the people using the service.

He is asking for your help, citizens, in crafting the new, revised Facebook Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.

I don't think I need to read much more. Here we have a man whose exploding business has exploded his head. In his mind, he runs a country now.

I'm about to become a Facebook ex-pat.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • But just imagine all the blog traffic you'll lose. I wouldn't read this if it weren't for facebook.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 18, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

  • Actually, VOR - even when I had this RSS feeding my Facebook update, (which I disabled last week) the traffic numbers were not much different.

    By the way, why did you create so many species of parakeet? That seems like overkill.

    By Blogger RFB, at February 18, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

  • Amazing that they didn't learn a thing from the Beacon outcry. My opinion on FB is so much lower now, and their Audacity of TOS has changed how I'll use it. But I'll stay for now, only because I found some college friends who turned me on to new music and nice links, sites, etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 18, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

  • “Same as the old King.”

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 19, 2009 at 3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home