Saturday, February 06, 2010

Unemployment Will Make a Man Do Weird Things - Part 2

Regular readers of this blog know that I'm a huge fan of Google Street Views. So I decided to tour the country and see every state capitol building. It was fun. Here is a record of my trip, with an original track by the insanely talented Fred Leo of Atlanta, on which I provided the whistle. I hope this little half-minute lark goes a long way toward healing the deep divisions that threaten to tear our country asunder, but I'm a realist, and some of these state capitols are hideous monstrosities of architectural incompetence, built by stupid people in stupid states where all the opinions are stupid. So there.



More Google Street Views nonsense.


Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • This tour is going to save me so much in gas money, so thank you for the opportunity to celebrate the diversity of state capitol architecture so conveniently! And thanks for the wonderful whistling. New Mexico's looks like a stadium. Maybe it's a multi-purpose facility.

    By Anonymous everysandwich, at February 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM  

  • i will only become concerned if you follow this with an audubon-style video of all the state birds. and replace the whistling with authentic bird calls for each creature.

    By Blogger HighJive, at February 6, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

  • @ES- thanks for not pressing legal action for using your track without asking, and I hope you get some jobs with your jingles. @HJ- that would be concerning even to me. I will do all I can to maintain saniity.

    By Blogger RFB, at February 6, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

  • An exaggerated fish-eye lens and a rare cloudy day in Santa Fe — the Roundhouse is nowhere near stadium size, and is actually a nice little capitol building.

    By Blogger Bram, at February 9, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home