Thursday, May 06, 2010

That Crazy Bavarian Humor

BMW isn't known for doing humor, but they've done it well in this ad for their "pre-owned" vehicles. Wish I knew the agency, not that it matters. And for all I know this is an old ad, though I'd never seen it until this morning. Rather, I wish I knew the writers. They've sold the lasting value of a BMW while poking fun at the prestige. I'm not sure of the relationship between the dad and the scout leader in this spot, but they could be taken for exes as her contempt for him seems born of familiarity.



'Course, I'm predisposed to like most things BMW does, as I've always lusted for their cars. They just seem...I don't know...tighter?

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • There are a few great spots by them for this campaign. And all witty. I felt when they came out with the last gen 3 series the design looked Japanese vs German. And they did fix the horrible trunk for for the 7 series that looked like the back of a Camry lodged into the bulky trunk. That all said when it comes to driving experience, that engine torque, smooth shifting, flawless suspension and road gripping....muy bueno.

    By Anonymous Howie, at May 6, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home