Friday, December 03, 2010

Indulgence - They Has It

I have never in my life known anyone to give or get a new car for Christmas, but the car companies sure think it's a good idea. They always have. And I suppose they'll give you the giant bow as well for when you blindfold your loved-one and walk them to the driveway to reveal the gift you'll both be paying for for the next five years.

But Acura is running some spots for the Holidays that you might not fast-forward though on your DVR. Concept, writing, and above all, casting, are sharp. My favorite is this guy, showing off his post-modern gingerbread house. The pauses make it.



Others in the series include:

Over-lighted house guy

800 thread-count stocking lady

And the very Walken-esque "Chestnut." (Seriously, there's no way the writer and director weren't thinking Walken when they produced this.)



Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • I will see your Acura "Season of Reason", and raise you a Lexus "December to Remember" from the pages of Architectural Digest:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9QwAS7HF_4

    My home does not look like that, therefore, that is not the car for me and mine.

    By Blogger bkd69, at December 3, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

  • This came on immediately after the awful Lexus commercial where the couple has a living room so big the Lexus FITS in it.

    I heart this commercial.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at December 3, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home