Monday, July 02, 2007

Anybody Know a Literary Agent?

One that doesn't charge up front and only takes their cut when they sell your book?

I've done the standard query sends to numerous agents and have quite the collection of "Not right for me at this time, but good luck" rejection letters. I once contacted Anne Rice, who graciously responded in person and recommended a publisher. That name-drop got me in the door at a big NY publishing house and allowed my first 50 pages to get looked at by some people. Wasn't right for them at this time.

I know every copywriter out there has a story in them (or several) that they'd rather be telling instead of selling health insurance, law firms, grocery stores and cars. I'm not special, just thought I'd throw a line out there and see if anyone knows anyone.

I sometimes like to imagine that this story might have an audience in Europe or Australia, as one of its undercurrents is the transformation of America from Republic to Empire. So in some way it's sort of a warning - disguised as a novel.

A synopsis and some chapters are linked to the image here. I can be reached at jetpacks (AT) gmail (DOT) com.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Check out my blog on the topic of literary rejections at www.literaryrejectionsondisplay.blogspot.com But for a true comprehensive list of agents (if you want to knock yourself out) check out www.everybodywhosanybody.com You can get every known agent's email. Plus it is entertaining. Good luck!

    By Blogger Writer, Rejected, at July 2, 2007 at 12:18 PM  

  • I hope you get somewhere, I'd read it! :D

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at July 10, 2007 at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home