Friday, July 20, 2007

Mad Frenchmen

Everyone seems to be in agreement that Mad Men, the show about 1960s-era advertising, pretty much sucks.

Didn't watch it. Couldn't tell you. But in the spirit of suck, and because I enjoy making you cringe with me in perplexed wonder at what people were possibly thinking back in that era, I give you an extra helping of embarrassing nostalgia for your weekend pleasure. This is for Pepsi, 1965. From France. Swingin' times.



UPDATE: My mom called last night. Mom: "Did you watch Mad Men?" Me: "No. I heard it's terrible." Mom: "No. They're saying it's the best show on television."

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Is it just me or does the woman who brings in the tray of Pepsi look familiar?

    I liked the Sun-Times article. Haven't finished reading but I stopped at "How long will viewers follow a depressing tale with such an off-putting collection of personalities at its center?"

    That was my problem. I, personally, need one person I actually like or could like.

    By Blogger Thinking In Vain, at July 20, 2007 at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home