Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Finding My Calling at Monster

Monster doesn't see their site as some sort of resume posting place. They are out to help you find your "calling." ("Why were you over at Monster during work hours, Dave?" I was checking on their current campaign is all.) To help illustrate the "calling" concept, they have provided within their Flash intro some funny pictures of people who found their callings. We have Rubik Rasta Buddha Aficionado, Young Unblemished Mechanic Girl and Preppy Fabulous Baker Boy. I'm not sure what the young man at top does in his retro three-piece suit and nice office, but he has a Mac, so it's obviously a cool job. And mechanic girl had best be warned: you're in for some serious sexual harassment in that environment. (Is that a BMW 2002 on the rack to the right? Baby, let me check your points, fix your overdrive.)

I can't find the job - er, calling - I was looking for: Unedited Writer of Whatever I Want. Which is why I have this blog.




Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • The only girl I've ever seen in the garage is named "Becky" and she has sideburns and a mustache. I'm not kidding.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 2, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

  • Their TV campaign is pretty good so far. They use the cliché most job search engines use(conformity v. individuality), but it's visually "cool". Just saw it watching the Fiesta Bowl about 2 minutes ago.

    You can have my job JP, I'm sick of it, but you can blog post anytime you want. Know anyone in Austin looking to hire?

    By Blogger Josh S, at January 2, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

  • How long can Mac maintain that hip image now that Fox has macbook pros on the set desks?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 4, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

  • That is too funny.
    Rasta Buddhist Jewish guy with nasty dreads, a THREE-piece suit, playing with a Rubik's cube (not very successfully, I might add) and decorating his white world with an Asian bunny and orange Gumby figures is supposed to represent what industry????
    Blondie with her oh so blown out Farrah hair is wiping a fender and fixing her oh so blown out Farrah hair. How very progressive grease monkey of her.
    And then crazy gay man... in a bakery with his Hamptons sweater tied just so to keep the chill off (in a hot, oven-filled bakery!) which hasn't gotten a speck of flour on it; neither has the decorative Nautica belt which is doing its best to hold up his trousers around a belly that obviously has eaten far too many loaves. At least his receding hair is perfect and so is his devilish smirk. Ick.
    This made my day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 8, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home