Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Take it Back - A Little

I guess I've been a little bit mean to Harley Davidson on this blog in the past (hoping in vain that Indian Motorcycles would get their act together up in North Carolina) but this new cycle from HD turned my head.

Susan Carpenter, writing in the LA Times, says it very well: "...the 2008 Softail Cross Bones, a bike that spins back the hands of time to an era when Harleys weren't ridden by dentists."

But if I ever buy one (unlikely), I'll make sure the dealership paints it flat black, with no Harley logo.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • Ooooh. Can't wait to get one in 18 years, 4 weeks and a day. That would be one day after the twins turn 18 and my wife won't care if I die anymore.

    Note to singles: Buy your motorcycle now.

    By Blogger Jason Fox, at January 22, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

  • I bought my first bike in 1972. And (bracing myself for the criticism) I've always preferred Hondas to Harleys. I must admit, however, that the one pictured does look kinda badass. And your previous commenter is right. For some reason, my wife won't let me buy one either.

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM  

  • So to sum up, the real problem here isn’t Harley, it’s wives.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 22, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home