You Tubery Musical Friday Flashback
Seven old songs that could start a weekend. Crack open a brew or two and crank up the speakers. (But you gotta watch, too.)
- In a nice companion piece to a Jeremiah Wright sermon, a couple of blind Black superstars rip into Livin' For The City.
- Beck and his secret homage to Shatner that occurs at about 2:25.
- From the 1966 film Blowup, Jimmy Page, (Jeff) Beck and the Yardbirds rearrange Train Kept a Rollin. An extremely bizarre scene.
- The Eels reenact many of my dreams in this video of a song that won't grow old: Novocaine for the Soul.
- The wit, art, fun and funk of RHCP.
- Tracy Chapman ruled the world with this song for a month a long time ago. Heard it in a store this afternoon, prompting this post.
- A Sony/BMG Market Research team took CAKE's "Short Skirt Long Jacket" out into the streets of LA to see how it would play to a broad focus group. They got some funny, honest results.